River Research Institute provides the following services.
The Government, semi-semi Government, autonomous, other authorities and person can get this services:
- To carry out studies for design supports in river training, riverbank protection, flood control, irrigation & drainage works and to conduct research in river engineering, sediment control, estuary and tidal effects by means of physical model.
- To conduct mathematical model studies on river flow & regional flow network, hydrology, surface & ground water utilization and environmental issues with special attention to salinity intrusion & water quality with a view to develop the water resources.
- To perform tests on construction materials required for river training, river bank protection, flood control, irrigation & drainage structures and to inspect and evaluate the quality of the construction works thereof.
- To conduct training program on the above mentioned subjects and to publish reports and periodicals related to technical aspects.
- To advise the Government, Local Authority or any organizations regarding the problems and best approach towards the solution on the above mentioned subject.
- To co-operate and conduct joint ventured research work with other similar local or foreign organizations.
- To take any necessary steps for performing the above mentioned works.